Bring out your inner artist and join us for this fun Colour Splash Workshop in Riebeek Kasteel! Only one hour from Cape Town.
You will make your very own Leather Laptop or Tablet Sleeve from start to finish - all by hand!
This includes hand dye, hand stitch and hand assemble. (No previous skills required)
Choose the size you would like to make:
Tablet sleeve : Fits most tablets up to 25 x 20 cm
Laptop sleeve: Fits up to most 15 " laptops 35 x 25 cm
The Leather Sleeve Workshop includes all material and leather needed for your Sleeve. All our tools are available to use during the workshop
Drinks (coffee, tea) and a snack
A lot of fun
All the help you will need from Lewis and Madge owners , Carin and Zani
We present our workshops in our own Studio in Riebeek Kasteel. Please ensure you book for the correct date you would like to join.
We keep our workshops small and intimate so that we can ensure individual attention to everyone attending on the day (Max 6 )
The Leather Sleeve workshop will start at 9 am and we should be finished no later than 13:00 pm. More than enough time for you to enjoy our beautiful village.
Bring your friends and family. Also perfect for a birthday celebration. This workshop is perfect for everyone who wants to learn a new skill and make something beautiful.
- You will have to sign an indemnity form the morning of your workshop. Although we work entirely by hand, we do work with sharp objects and needles etc.
- The Leather Sleeve pictures are for reference. The sky is the limit so bring your creativity.
- Regrettably no children under the age of 14 years or pets are allowed in the workshop during your time spend with us. Our own doggy Lexi likes to be the center of attention:-)
- Our workshops are sadly non-refundable. Should you not be able to make it on the day for a valid reason like illness we will try and fit you in on our next workshop. You can also nominate someone else to attend in your place.
- Please wear older clothes as we work with dyes and we would hate for it to splash on your clothes.
- Very important: This is a fun morning out. This workshop is in no means a leather training course.
- Please try to book at least 10 days in advance.
- All social distance measures will be in place
- Please ensure you have added your email and phone number on your order
- If for any reason we (Lewis and Madge leather) cannot present the Workshop on the said date due to an emergency or illness we will re-schedule the Workshop asap.
Please note that hides can slightly differ from one to the other in colour and texture as well as computer and phone screens. Full grain leather may also have natural markings which is part of the beauty of each hide. We have made every effort thought to represent the leather colour in our photographs as realistic and colour true as possible. As each product is made on order, our photographs are for reference only and slight differences may occur in your final product.